SPYWARE, MALWARE, AND VIRUSES
How to get rid of spyware and malware on your computer?
Viruses are one of the most annoying and disastrous things to happen in the digital age. They can cause all sorts of damages, from slowing down your PC to duplicating your data or maybe even destroying it. ‘Virus’ is a term that is used far more generically than it should be, though. So before moving on to removing these dangerous programs from your system, let’s briefly differentiate between them.
Malware: A combination of the words ‘malicious’ and ‘software’, malware is the superset of all hostile and dangerous computer programs that could infiltrate and perform malicious operations in a computer. So basically, everything from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware etc. are malware.
Virus: A virus is a harmful program that, after infiltrating your computer, starts self-replicating, spreading throughout the system.
Spyware: A spyware is a program that, after infiltrating your computer, monitors your activity and sends collective information to an interested party. The kind of information it monitors and sends could be anything, from the web pages you visit the keys you press when you type. A particularly popular example of spyware is a keylogger, which notes the keys you press. This can be used to find out about people’s passwords.
Virus and Spyware Removal. How to get rid of malware?:
Consider calling a professional Virus Removal Company in San Dieg, the risks of having an Crypt Ramsonware that could make all your documents and pictures inaccessible are too great, or having a keylogger which is recording everything you type on your computer and using your internet connection to send sensitive information to a hacker are not something you want to take chances with, calling a professional Computer Repair Company in San Diego which can effectively clean and perform a full virus removal from your computer is most likely the best option.
There are several things you can do to remove malware from your computer:
- Enter Safe Mode, keeping your PC disconnected from the Internet. Delete temporary files. Next, download a malware scanner unless you already have one installed, and use it to scan the PC.
- Get an anti-virus program. While installing an anti-virus AFTER your PC has already been infected isn’t particularly helpful, that really depends on the type of malware infecting your PC, and also the anti-virus itself. Wouldn’t hurt to try!
- Just to be sure, after running a scan once with a scanner, run a scan again with a different scanning tool, just to ensure that there really is no virus left.
- The shift to Linux. There are no viruses or malicious programs in Linux, which is one of the most attractive features of that open source operating system. If viruses and malware keep bothering you, you can always switch to Linux.
How to get rid of spyware / virus removal:
Here are some ways you can remove spyware from your PC:
- Remove it manually. Go to the Control Panel and pull up the list of installed programs. Remove any program that you may not remember installing or any program that isn’t verified and you don’t need it anymore.
- If you use extensions in your web browser, pull up the list of extensions and check to see if there are any extensions that look fishy, or you don’t remember installing. Remove them, as well as any extension that may not be verified and you don’t use anymore.
- Get anti-virus software. If you use Windows 8, it ships free with Windows Defender, although you can use some other program too.
- Add an additional, layered security tool such as Malwarebytes.
If you need support with cleaning and performing a Computer Virus Removal in San Diego call us today at 619-800-3167.